Moving to Tassie? Do it yourself with the help of Dial-a-Box

Moving to Tassie? Do it yourself with the help of Dial-a-Box

Postby Tasmania4you » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:54 pm

If you are looking for a way to cut down on the cost of moving, but don't mind a little hard work yourself, then we would recommend Dial-A-Box.

This is the company we used when moving interstate from Victoria to Tasmania. We had done the usual and rung around about a couple of dozen revivalists. They all quoted very hefty costs involved to move us across the water. The usual response was that it would cost us a minimum of $5000. However when we contacted the company Dial-A-Box, they quoted us a mere $2500 for the move.

The catch was that they would deliver us a container and we would have to pack it ourselves, then a few days later they would return and then take the container to where we were moving too. Once the container arrived on our new door step we would have a few days to unload it, before they would come and take it away.

This seemed like the perfect solution for us as it saved so much money for just a little effort -----> okay it was a big effort, but still well worth the money we saved.

The Price they Quoted was for us to have the container for one week from the time of drop off until we had unpacked it at our new home. We could pay a small fee (approx $45 a week) to have the container either for a longer time to pack and unpack or to have the furniture in storage once packed, until it was time to deliver the container to us.

In our experience the company was very professional and had great communication at all times. We did have a few small hiccups that meant our container was stuck in Quarantine and did not arrive on the date we wanted, but this problem was dealt with in a professional manner and thankfully a very happy ending for all concerned.

We would definitely recommend Dial-A-Box as a great way to save money without skimping on service.

Why not contact them today to see how they may be able to assist you and save you money as well.

I believe they supply Containers all around the country to people wanting to move about, not just to Tasmania, but the rest of Australia too.
Tasmania4you
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Do it yourself with the help of Dial-a-Box

Postby Styla » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:33 am

Wow I wish we had of know about this company when we moved. It cost us well over $8000 to move our stuff from the mainland to here :( We used a normal removalist company :( never even thought of doing it all ourselves

TTFN,

Styla
Styla

Re: Do it yourself with the help of Dial-a-Box

Postby The Wise One » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:30 pm

Hi Styla,

It was hard work, doing it this way but definitely worth the effort and if I had to move again I would do it this way again.

Slav
The Wise One
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Moving to Tasmania